1. This is 54th Mahaparinirvan Day of Baba Saheb Ambedkar, the Prophet of Buddhism. On this day i.e
06th December, 1956 , He died at His residence at – 26th Alipur Road, New Delhi.
2. During the night of 05th December, 1956, Baba Saheb wrote the preface of the HOLY BOOK- THE BUDDHA AND HIS DHAMMA - and thus after completing this book, He Fell asleep automatically by keeping his hand over this book.
3. He had started to write this HOLY BOOK of the Buddhists in 1951 for the purpose to withstand in the
contemporary world and further to modernise Buddhism.
4. On Thurrsday, 06th December morning at 06 O ,Clock, when Baba Saheb’s servant came to give Him tea, saw Baba Saheb motionless and breathless, sleeping in the infinite peace. He ran back madly and informed the mishappening to the family members and to the presentees at that occasion.
5. Every one was stunned by hearing the sad demise of the great leader. This information passed out like a
jungle fire throughout the nation. People ran towards - 26, Alipur Road, New Delhi to witness the event and
to pay their hearty respect.
6. Soon Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha both adjourned in the honour of the great personality. The death news
was also announced through the – ALL INDIA RADIO. At that time Baba Saheb was the MP of Rajya
7. People did not believe first because Baba Saheb was present in the Rajya Sabha on 04th December and
was joking with the MPs plus public standing outside.
DEAD BODY JOURNEY ( shav yatra )
1. His dead body was taken to New Delhi airport on 06th Dec around 2000 hrs to proceed further to Bombay.
2. The plane took off from Delhi airport around 2400 hrs and At 02 O’ clock in the night, landed Bombay
airport. Around Twenty Thousand people were waiting there amid terrible cold.
3. On 07th Dec. early in the morning , the dead body of Baba Saheb reached His residence. The Monks were already present there.
4. In the afternoon , 1400 hrs the body journey ( shav yatra ) started from the Residence – Rajgraha, Dadar,
Bombay for the last Sansakar. The countless males and females were standing both the sides of the road ,
pouring flowers and garlands over the body.
5. At the cemetary Manyaver VK Gaikwad said , “on the 15th of this month, Baba Saheb was going to
give Dharma Deeksha to the masses. Do you wish to fulfill His desire?" Hearing this – 5 lakhs people took
refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
6. In this way, evening at 1900 hrs the LAST SANSKAR ( CREMATION ) was done by the reverend monks with tearful eyes. The tears were also rolling down over the cheeks from the masses. The whole scene was very grievious and silent.
HOW TO OBSERVE THE FESTIVAL
1. The tradition is - to observe in Buddha Vihar and then to home. This is the religious way, every one
must follow. But, for the time being, if Buddha Vihar is not available, then it may be observed at any
PUBLIC PLACE collectively.
2. Darshan of CHAITYA BHOOMI is full of virtue. It is an holy act. Every one must try to see it. The ashes
are kept there. Whenever we see them, we feel such as Baba Saheb is standing before us and blessing us.
3. Any delighted work is highly unvirtuous. It is Amangalkari. Governmental any type of work may be done.
3. We make Kheer ( milk-rice ) at our home. It is mangalkari.
“ ACCEPT BABA SAHEB AS PROPHET OF BUDDHSIM AND
ENJOY THE TASTE OF BUDDHIST EMPIRE AGAIN. ”
“bhavatu sabba mangalam”